We all want friendships that will last for eternity, don’t we? Follow these pointers and you’ll be blessed times over…
1. Speak to people — there is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people – it takes seventy-two muscles to frown and only fourteen to smile!
3. Call anyone by their name – the sweetest music to anyone’s ear is the sound of their own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful – if you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial – speak and act as if everything you do is a real pleasure.
6. Be genuinely interested in people – you can like everyone if you try.
7. Be generous with praise – cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate of the feelings of others – it will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the options of others.
10. Be alert to give service – what counts most in life is what we do for others!
Taken from The Speaker’s Quote Book – Roy B. Zuck